Dark Mountain “feels like the beginning of the story of the world. Not a world shaped by politicians
or by global corporations, but by storytellers and singers who make us feel at home on the earth.”
Charlotte Du Cann, The Independent
14th-16th June at Wiston Lodge near Biggar,
An intimate festival of ideas, poetry, music, and performance.
Exploring the connections between the arts, ecology and cultural resilience.
With talks/performances from:
- Jay Griffiths, author of ‘Wild’ and ‘Kith’
- Sara Maitland, author of ‘Gossip from the Forest’
- Chris Fremantle, ecoartscotland
- Neil Harvey, GalGael Trust ‘Metaforestry’
- Mairi Campbell & Em Strang
Please download the flyer Carrying The Fire 2013 pdf and circulate